Try this easy project that is perfect for a small entry wall into the kitchen - add some graphics to a tea towel to match your kitchen decor and hang it up with Command™ Clear Fridge Clips! How easy is that?! Despite its name, Command™ Fridge Clips can also be used on a wall surface and work great for hanging up fabric such as a towel. Best part, no damage to your wall! Hanging a simple decoration like this can add a huge statement to your home - just look at the before and after image!
– Command™ Medium Picture Hanging Strips – This project uses four
– Command™ Clear Fridge Clips – this project uses three
– Complementary decorative pieces – this project uses a bread board and chalkboard
– Level, measuring tape and hot glue gun
– Iron and ironing board
– Image to be printed on towel – this project uses cow clip art
– Scissors, scrap paper and image transfer paper
– Wooden dowel – length should be equal to the width of the towel
– Tea towel in the size of your choice (depending on size of area you want to cover)
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand pakcage instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. To decorate your tea towel, iron it thoroughly to remove all creases and wrinkles
TIP: spray towel with water to help iron out creases and let dry.
Choose an image to apply to the tea towel and print it out on regular paper to determine size and layout.
TIP: Silhouettes work best and licensed images should be purchased per copyright guidelines.
Once you are comfortable with the size of the image, print it onto photo transfer paper. Then, cut them out carefully and follow the transfer instructions on the packaging to apply them to the towel.
2. After the images are transferred, fold a straight edge at the bottom of the towel and iron it flat. Then, take the wooden dowel and use a hot glue gun to secure it to the bottom of the towel to act as a light weight to keep it in place.
NOTE: Always follow the instructions and warnings provided by the glue gun manufacturer.
3. Determine where you want to hang the towel. Use a level and measuring tape to ensure straight lines and mark them using ScotchBlue™ Painter's Tape. Prep the wall by cleaning the surface with isopropyl rubbing alcohol, wipe gently and let dry.
4. Remove the Command™ Clear Fridge Clips and adhesive strips from the packaging, and detach the strips from one another. To attach the first clip, remove the blue liner and press the adhesive to the clip, making sure the tab is accessible for future removal.
Remove black "wall side" liner and press the clip firmly to the wall for 30 seconds, using the painter's tape as your guide.
NOTE: Do not adhere the clip to the tape, and remember to wait one hour before use.
Repeat the instructions above to attach each clip. When you are ready to hang the towel, slide the top into the Command™ Clear Fridge Clips. Gather the rest of the decorative pieces and plan the layout around the towel. This project uses a breadboard and chalkboard.
To hang the first piece, prep the area by cleaning the surface with isopropyl rubbing alcohol, wipe gently and let dry. Remove the Command™ Picture Hanging Strips from the package and separate each strip. To form a set, connect two strips together until you hear a click.
5. Remove one green liner and position one set of strips on the back of the frame. Press the strip firmly against the back of the breadboard. Repeat with the remaining strips needed to hang the board.
Remove the remaining green liner(s) from the strips adhered to the back of the frame. Position the frame on the wall and press the front of the frame against the wall for 30 seconds.
Remove the board by grabbing at the bottom corners and pulling up and out towards you and wait one hour before remounting the board.
Repeat steps 3-4 to hang the chalkboard.